Wednesday, December 19, 2012

 Busy, Busy
 I am so busy.  I am doing substitute teaching because I have to make money, but I'm also working with this church in Elkhart and would like to spend more time there.  I'm picking up funeral gigs on the side when I can to make a little money doing that and I'm still trying to learn guitar.  Not to mention I'm trying to support my wife with her church as much as I can.  I'm still active doing stuff in South Bend-TAP just won't go away.  I'm active in a lot of spheres.
 Ade Seven Adebanji
I find that I like all this stuff I'm doing.  I complain about the teaching, but I get to meet some really cool kids.  I'm called to pastoring so I love the church stuff and doing funerals is sort of kind of involved in that.  I'm busy and that's good.  What isn't good is that I feel like I could do more and be more effective if I wasn't shuffling between so many things.

I have found that this developing call in Elkhart is a really fun thing and I like all the people I'm working with.  The difficulty is that it just isn't paying me and there's no room for me at this point.  It's hard being patient and moving slowly into what I would like to jump into.  I try to think of Biblical parallels, but I come up short.  I don't know about the minor prophets, but most of the call stories are about moving right into the job-think about Samuel or Isaiah or Moses.  I guess I need to rely on Proverbs and the advice to trust in the Lord.

I am learning a lot and the experiences have been good for me.  What I strive to do is live each day and get the most out of it, rather than looking only to what's going to develop in Elkhart.  I think, on the whole, that is the stance to use to encounter life.  If we focus on what's right in front of us we are fully present in the moment, making the most of that bit of life the Lord gives us.

No comments:

Post a Comment