Sunday, July 25, 2010

finding time

I haven't blogged for some time. Reason being that this job of mine just eats up my hours. This doesn't seem right and something needs to change. I think no only about myself, but what about the others I work with who have been keeping up this pace for years. Not only is it hard to give the clients the time they need, but there are some huge issues of self-care involved. I don't really want to be a thorn in someone's side, but this just isn't right and someone needs to say something.

the search for a call continues...and continues...and continues. I am somewhat restricted geographically now so I can realistically only consider a few churches. In that limited pool there are very few open pulpits so I continue.

I went to Granger Community Church and it appeals to me in a lot of ways. I don't think I will make that my church of choice, but the music is inspiring. If I could find that in a smaller, much smaller, venue I would be in heaven. When I think about it, that's what I want to create. Thing is, in Niles I just don't have the connections or acquaintances to do that. I did volunteer to take on an emergent type service at the Presbyterian starting this fall so that's something.

1 comment:

  1. Hello, David! We look forward to your filling the pulpit at St. John's UCC on the next Sunday (August 1, 10 a.m. morning worship). Today subbing for Harry Clark was Rev. Janet Van Lear -- her sermon on Luke 11 also touched upon the Eugene Peterson translation - paraphrase of the Lord's Prayer (Luke's brief take on the teaching/formula). Keep up the good search for meaning and faith in the present moment! Grace and peace unto you.

    ReplyDelete