Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Actively Seeking God's Will

I have talked about it and wrote about it and carried on about it, but now is the time to actively seek God's will.  I am working hard to discern things about this community ministry.  I have to give credit to Karen Ainsley who talked to me about the need for definition.  To that end I also have to thank Carl Dudley and his book for giving me some ideas about definition.  I was looking forward to reading David Bos' book since I knew him and his wife Johanna was my advisor in seminary, but I just can't recommend that book for other than a general survey of community ministry.

I think Jesus had some of the problems that I am having.  Remember when He spoke to the Syro-Phonecian woman and had to revise his ministry focus?  I am pretty hung up on getting the boundaries of the ministry defined and that seems to be a big stumbling block as does the focus of the ministry.  I don't know why I am so hesitant about partnering and I think I'm just going to do that to start.  I also am pushing myself to get something started and not waiting for God.

Discerning God's will for the ministry is a challenge.  I am laboring over this and working too hard I think.  I need to sit and let God's presence flow over me so that I can feel the Spirit.  Please keep praying for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment