Monday, August 1, 2011

First day

Today was the first day of the new ministry.  I don't know what I expected, but what I did is bike around the northwest side of South Bend in 90 degree heat.  Not a well thought out approach.

I did get to know the neighborhoods a little better and that was fun.  I don't know what I was expecting, but what I found wasn't that.  I found some seemingly well integrated neighborhoods and, judging by the lack of grafitti, not much gang activity.  The area to the south is clearly in a lower socio-economic strata with an enormous number of rental houses.

As I biked I tried to keep open to hear God's call.  I prayed that I might have an open mind to where God leads.  I don't really know how God is going to speak to me about this or how I will be lead, but I am trying to throw off those preconceptions and be responsive.

I was talking with a Baptist pastor today and his word was "all things work for good".  I need to keep that in mind as I pursue this ministry.

No comments:

Post a Comment