Wednesday, June 9, 2010

a job, a job

Ok, it's been a whirlwind, but I had a second interview friday last week. Then I got a call Fri. afternoon offering me the job. Wow! Going back to doing social work, not my first choice, but it's a job and pays the bills while I look for a call.

I do have some pulpit supply gigs, but not real action on a call. I suppose I shouldn't be suprised, but I keep looking.

With income I feel a lot more free to be choosy about the call I would accept. With income I am also more willing to consider a church plant or new church development. I feel like I don't have the connections here yet to do a plant. I don't know people who are disaffected or uninvolved with a church to get together. I think if I knew one or two people I could do this, but the problem is meeting them.

There are plenty of places where a group could meet. I can preach, but still need a musician as my guitar isn't progressing as quickly as I hoped.

Perhaps this is God at work, providing a little income so I can slow my roll enough to look at other options. I miss having my support group to bounce ideas off. I miss people a lot more than I thought I would.

1 comment:

  1. Welcome to St. John's UCC where you are preaching during Pastor Harry Clark's vacation to Tulsa, OK. I hope you will bring the guitar as our Choir is on Summer Vacation (May 31 til Fall Picnic) -- the congregation will be small and the Sunday School kids all stay in the sanctuary from 10 - 11 a.m. as the teachers are done teaching also until the Fall Picnic in mid-September. There also is a "Spaghetti Dinner" after service that I assume you will be welcome guest to. Normally we have refreshments in the fellowship hall during June - early September from 11 or so onwards. See you early tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete