Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Another day, another application

Started the morning having coffee with my friend Steve. Steve is also an unemployed pastor seeking a call so we both railed on the system for about an hour. this presbytery thing doesn't make sense in that they seem to have a lot of power, certainly more than they are allotted by the Book of Order. In fact, the whole call process in the PC(USA) is sort of screwy. Unfortunately, it's the best in my opinion of all the denominations.

Talking with Steve did give me a push to call a COM chair who told me about a short-term stated supply position...only an hour-and-a-half away. At least that's something. I did bond with the guy since he is originally from Washington, PA (close to Wheeling) and I feel like Kevin is going to help me out if he can.

I spent the rest of the afternoon filling out job apps. for social work positions. I got really freaked out by the one for Lakeland Health which has this huge section about how they look at your credit and criminal history. It makes it sound as if they are going to look at everything in my past (bummer). Oh well, I had problems submitting that, but I did apply to this other place that looks to be an inpatient place in Benton Harbor.

I just don't really feel called to return to social work. I would like to stay in the ministry, but there doesn't seem to be anything suiting me that's open. Talked to my sister and she is trying to help as much as she can-I appreciate it.

I don't know where God's at today. I guess I'm feeling more that I'm pointed at the church, but I don't know if I have the patience to wait it out. Perhaps learning patience is God's whole motive here. A lot to go through for that lesson, but I do have a hard head.

No comments:

Post a Comment