Friday, July 22, 2011

The End of Camp

This morning is the last that I'll be blogging from this little table.  It has been a joy to look out the window at the rolling hill and the deep green woods right there.  What has been even better has been the relationships that are forged through the weeks.  What wonderful people!  Of course, every one had their defects and shortcomings, but it has been a present to watch people unveil their God-given gifts.  So wonderful to see that potential become reality. 

I don't know about the state of the church.  In fact, I don't have high hopes for the future of the church as we know it.  What I do have great hope for is Christians.  These weeks have permitted me to see the Spirit moving among kids and elders, workers and leaders.  And the Spirit is strong; more than that, it's there for all of us and we just need to be open to God.

Being here has been good for me.  I walked the labyrinth last night and struggled with my pain.   My road has been a struggle and most of that struggle has been my own making.  I pray that I can stay open to the working of the Lord, but I forget so easily.  I pray we can all be the Christians we are called to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment